Austrian Economics and the Beliefs that Drive Our Mission
“There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved.” – Ludwig von Mises
Atlantic Precious Metals LLC (APM), arose out of an interest in history, current events, politics and Austrian Economics. This interest led to an immense amount of reading and self education, which in turn led to an understanding of money (what it really is), and the nature of governments that arise from the centralization of power. The philosophical moorings giving rise to the foundation and mission of Atlantic Precious Metals are grounded in the sound money principles of Austrian Economics and the intellectually honest teachings of Luwig von Mises and Murray Rothbard, the founders of Austrian Economics
Truths Shaped By Austrian Economics
Some businesses have lofty platitude filled vision statements, some have long core value statements and some have both. At APM, we believe that truth is more likely to be found in simplicity than complexity. With regard to gold and silver bullion and the precious metals marketplace in general, here is what we have learned to be pertinent educated truths.
Gold Prices Steadily Rising
1. Since the emergence of gold coins in 600 B.C., gold coins have always been of value because gold could always be exchanged for something useful (e.g. food, clothing, shelter). By this definition gold is money. It always has been and always will be. “Why Own Gold”
2. Throughout history, without exception, paper money not backed by gold or silver always loses value over time and is the only form of money that has always eventually reached the point of becoming totally worthless (i.e. the boom bust cycle of credit expansion as explained by Austrian Economics).
3. There are seven asset classes; however the vast majority of the general public only own three of the seven asset classes (stocks, bonds and cash). Here are the seven asset classes: Stocks, Bonds, Cash, Precious Metals (e.g. gold and silver bullion), Commodities, Real Estate and Collectibles. Check out this link to learn more.
4. Gold bullion is the only asset class that is not dependent on another party for its value (e.g. stocks become worthless if businesses fail; money lent is not always paid back to the lender; the strength of government issued paper money not backed by gold or silver is tied to the strength of the government that issues it).
5. The nature of man is such that concentrated power is always ultimately abused and the only way to limit the abuse of power is to limit its concentration in the first place.
6. When the supply of money is controlled by strong central governments and their central banks, it will always be supplied in a manner that benefits the people in control of the strong central governments and their supporters and to the detriment of the general public.
These are the six core truths upon which Atlantic Precious Metals was founded.
A Mission Driven By The Austrian Economics Principle of Sound Money
Every business enterprise should serve a customer need in a manner that brings value to the customer. APM does this by first educating the general public on the value of owning precious metal bullion coins and second by offering for sale, the gold, silver and platinum bullion coin products required to create the wealth preserving customer value.
The purpose of the gold, silver and platinum bullion coins offered for sale by APM is to give people the opportunity to own physical gold, silver and platinum bullion in a form certified for weight and purity by the U.S. Mint and other Government Mints around the world including the Royal Canadian Mint, The South African Mint, and the Australian (Perth) Mint. Austrian Economics makes a strong case that the precious metals are always the final flight to safety when the masses start losing faith in the lasting value of paper money and it is these bullion coins that are the best means of owning the precious metals asset class. When you purchase these bullion coin products from APM you can be assured of courteous customer service and an honest transaction.