Precious Metals Pricing – APM’s Proprietary Buyer Protection Pricing
When it comes to precious metals pricing, one of the biggest sources of anxiety facing precious metals customers is – “when is the best time for me to place my order and lock in my price and what happens if the price of gold or silver goes down after I commit to a price?” We have looked into the precious metals pricing practices of many dealers to see how they handle this situation. While it is true that many dealers will lock in a price when you call them and place an order, you need to understand the “fine print” behind these “locked in” precious metals pricing tactics. In a nutshell, here it is – should the price go down after you place your order and before you wire your funds, to the point that you no longer want to make the purchase at the “locked in” precious metals pricing, the only way for you to get out of your commitment is to pay the dealer the difference between the precious metals pricing at the time you placed your order and the lower price that prompted you not to follow through with payment. They call this their precious metals pricing “Market Loss Policy”. They also generally add a service fee of $35-$50 to cover their cost of billing you for their precious metals pricing “market loss”. Alternatively, many dealers require a credit card when you place your order so they can bill their precious metals pricing market loss to your credit card should you not follow through because of a drop in the price of gold, silver etc.
The APM Precious Metals Pricing Difference
Here’s the APM precious metals pricing difference – When you call APM and get a price we guarantee that we will place your order at or below the price we quote. In fact we put this in writing. We do not ask for credit cards and we will never bill you for a market loss. Why? – Because we do not place your order and lock in a price until you send us the wired funds and you do not send us wired funds until after you get a written confirmation of what we refer to as your “authorized maximum price”. If the price at the time we place your order is less than the authorized price we quoted we will send you a check for the difference. If the price at the time we place your order is higher than the authorized price we quoted we will return all of your funds unless you authorize us to place an order at a higher price or you instruct us to hold your funds for a few days to see if the price goes down to a level where you want to purchase.
Customers Like APM’s Precious Metals Pricing
Our customers like APM’s Precious Metals Pricing because:
- There is no need for credit card information;
- There is no delay in shipping because payment is confirmed the same time the order is placed so there is no need to hold up shipping while waiting for payment;
- There is no risk that the customer can be billed for the dealer’s “market loss” since such a loss cannot materialize under this process;
- There is a chance your order will be placed at a price lower than quoted and some of your wired funds will be returned to you via check;
- Should you get “cold feet” after receiving confirmation of your authorized maximum price there is no obligation for you to follow through with wiring funds and placing an order;
- You do not send any wired funds until you have written confirmation of your authorized maximum price.
This precious metals pricing procedure is outlined in a little more detail in our “Getting Started” section but we think it is important enough to also include as a separate topic under our “Products” section.
If you have any questions or suggestions about our precious metals pricing procedure we would love to hear from you. Please give us a call at 1-800-APM-GUIDE (1-800-276-4843).